Friday, December 3, 2010

Psalm 30

What a great chapter! Verse 6 really got me - And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.

How many times have I been up on that mountain and said those words? It is so easy to praise the Lord and stand firmly for Him when everything is going right. What about the troublesome times? What about the dark times? What about the valley times? It seems that sometimes when all is right in our lives we forget Who brought us there. Almost as if we blessed ourselves. It was by our own merit. Then when trials come and we are in the valley we curse Him because now its His fault. He doesn't get praise for the blessings in our lives and He gets cursed for the trials. Doesn't seem quite fair does it?

He can turn our mourning into dancing (Ps 30:11), our joy comes in the morning (30:5). If we wait out the trials and praise the Lord for them then He can work the miracle of turning our pain into joy. I have seen it happen in my own life. During my second pregnancy I was so sick, in & out of the hospital, till I ended up having a miscarriage. God became so real to me during this time or should I say His grace became so real to me. It was like He reached down from Heaven and put His arms around me and told me He would take care of everything if I trusted Him. And He did. I saw miraculous things happen that year in so many lives including my own.
As I sit here and look back I see so many times that He brought me through the roughest times. But then I see many times that I got ahead of God and took matters into my own hands, I think those times were the darkest and seemed to last the longest.

I will give thanks unto thee forever - no matter what! This is my prayer for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment