Friday, December 10, 2010

Psalm 51 - Joy After Repentance

Psalm 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

The Lord chastens us because He loves us. If He didn't care about us He wouldn't care what we do. But then after the chastening if we are repentant He pulls us up again and restores the joy and gladness in our hearts. Isn't it amazing that He takes those marred vessels, cleans them up, and makes them new again. David committed adultery, lied, and then murdered. But when caught by the prophet he admitted his sin and got it right. Yes, he still suffered the loss of a child because of his sin. Yes he still reaped what he had sowed. But God also still used him greatly after he repented. How many times have we sinned and He restored us along with the joy and gladness?

Just a month or so ago I was angry, bitter, depressed, discontented, judgmental and just plain miserable. I still went to church but not because I wanted to, it was because I had to. I was having all kinds of problems with my fellow christians, friends, and family. I just wanted to call it quits. Nobody could do anything to please me. Was it their fault? Nope it was mine. When you get out of His word and stop praying you can't hear the Holy Spirit speaking to you anymore. You don't have the mind of Christ. Anything and everything seems to go wrong and you can't handle it properly. I felt like I was in bondage. It was such a struggle to read the Bible and pray. But now praise the Lord it is like the chains have come off and I am free again. I love reading the Bible, I love praying, I love church, I love my family. Yes I still struggle with being negative and not having faith. But now I can hear the Spirit speaking ever so gently to my heart. And I can work through it instead of dwelling on it. Praise the Lord I am out of the dungeon!!

My chains fell off my heart was free I rose went forth and followed Thee. Amazing Love how can it be that thou my God wouldst die for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment