Thursday, December 2, 2010

Psalm 28:7

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Amen! Yes the Lord is my strength and shield. I have to say that since I have stopped trusting in myself or others and started trusting the Lord again my heart is able to rejoice. When trusting in man I am fearful because men can fail, they can make mistakes. This includes trusting in myself. I screw up all the time. But God never fails and never makes mistakes. It is so funny to me that I try to take control of the situation like God can't do it without me. Or like I can do it better than God can. He knows the beginning and the end and everything in between. I can only see a bit of the past and present. He sees everything. Confidence in man brings fear, doubting, and ultimately a huge let down. God has never let me down. And in the Lord there should be no fear and no doubt.

The LORD is my strength - I am going to praise Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment