Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Happy Squashers

I have realized there are some things or people in my life that I would call happy squashers. I believe each person has a happy squasher or two. I guess its just how you decide to deal with them. Are you going to let that one thing or person ruin your whole day and your good testimony? I really have to work on this because I have a temper. It doesn't take much to get me irritated and then mad. I tend to say things I don't mean when I am mad. Then I cry, feel bad, and have to apologize. But most times hurtful words can't be taken back.

Proverbs 25:28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

The Lord definitely has to do a work to control this within me. In fact I was on the verge of losing it today. But I left the situation, did something I enjoy, then went back to the situation to try again. What good does it do for me to try to force something to happen that will not work at the time? What good does it do for me to get my way for my convenience if I lose my temper in the process? What good does it do if I say what I am thinking?

Prov 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

I went back to the situation and it worked out better the second time. Maybe because my attitude changed. It is my fault when I allow others to upset me and I lose control of my spirit. Because this is something I struggle with I have to go to the Lord daily, sometimes hourly, for help. Easy? NO! Worth it? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment