Thursday, November 18, 2010

Psalm 5:11& 12

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Amen I feel something there =)

I love the book of Psalm - always encouraging to my spirit.

Wow, how can you not be joyful when God - the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Almighty Supreme is defending you?

Trust is the hard part although it shouldn't be. After all He controls everything and we trusted Him with our salvation. My pastor preached about trusting the Lord this last Sunday - we say we trust Him but then we make Him prove it to us every time something new comes up. Then if He doesn't take care of it the way we think He should we get upset and lose our faith. The definition of trust is assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. Which part do you doubt? His character? His ability? His strength? His truth? When I ask myself that I realize how wrong I have been to not trust Him. Out of everyone and everything even myself I should trust Him more. He has never once failed me, lied to me, deserted me, or hurt me. He is the Creator and Ruler - He can do anything! I love the song by the Nichols family - with all the many miracles why don't you think it's possible, with all the many things we've seen why do you think it's just a dream, with all the things He's done for us, don't you think it's time we trust? Remember what is possible with all the many miracles.

Ok so now we know we can trust Him and He defends us - now do we love Him like we should? Is He still our first love? Do we take pleasure in Him daily? Do we long to spend time with Him and talk with Him? Have we remembered our first love? Revelation 2:4.

When we get the trust and love down our joy will be bubbling out of us and you can't stop it. I am telling you just in the last couple weeks I have felt so much better about life. Just by taking care of my walk with my Saviour. I am starting to feel like me again. Praise the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment