Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finding Happiness In Life Again

I have come to a point in my life where happiness and joy are not so easy anymore. I have always thought of myself as a happy person who usually saw the brighter side of things and the good in most people. But lately I have found myself discontented, negative, and looking for the bad in everything and everyone. I wish I could point it to one certain trial or say that it was due to post partum depression but I can't. I have to face the reality of what is really the cause of it. It is mainly because I have had a roller coaster walk with God these past few years. I have allowed many things to come between me and my Saviour. I haven't spent time with Him like I should have. And because of this I haven't been able to properly deal with trials as they come. Sometimes with husbands and children we really have to fight for that time alone with the Lord, well I stopped fighting. I gave up. But not anymore- TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!

This blog will be about my journey back to happiness and joy. My journey back to my FIRST LOVE! I am hoping this will help me to be accountable but I am hoping this will help others as well. No one likes to admit they are apathetic, depressed, or cold. But I have a feeling there are many a Christian who feel this way. It's very hard to fight this battle against the world in our own flesh and strength. It is not a wonder why so many of us are defeated and go back to the world. We can't make it on our own. We need a daily walk with our Lord and Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment