Friday, November 5, 2010

It's the Heart of the Matter

I had no idea just how far I had gone in my "Woe is me". Yesterday, I came to the breaking point and wanted to quit everything and everyone. I was even saying things like I hate this, I hate that. For awhile now I have been saying to myself "I hate living here and everything about living here!" Last night, I said it to myself again and the Lord asked me "What is it that is so wrong with this place that you hate it here?" Now, He may have been asking this all along but I wasn't sitting quiet enough to listen. I tried to come up with some really good reasons for my feelings but all seemed so petty. Really I have been selfish and sinning. I have a lot to be thankful for. I just became overwhelmed with the cares and woes of this ole world. I was letting them choke me out. It is just one more area of lack of self control on my part. It has a lot to do with my temper problem. And its sin!! I am a born again Christian with access to the throne of God, and His power and might. It's a sin for me to self centered, stubborn, and discontented. Just because things don't go the way I had planned and I have to face some trials doesn't mean I have the right to act this way. Doesn't God control everything? Nothing can touch me that doesn't pass through His hands.
Psalm 106:1 Praise ye the Lord, O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment