Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just some rambling

My pastors wife said something to our Ladies Bible Study that convicted my heart. So many times people come to me for advice on things and sure I can usually give some biblical advice (I have had my fair share over the years) but do I know where to find the verses in my Bible to help them? God's Word and power is going to be what helps them not my eloquent (or not so eloquent) speech. Then I had someone who just got saved ask me what the bible says about Catholicism. I realized sure I can tell you some things but do I know where they are in the scriptures to back it up. I remember my former pastor saying that most Christians don't know their Bible and couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag let alone stand up for Christ in an argument against Him. I really need to memorize the scriptures more. I really need to make it part of my daily Bible study. I also should have some reference verses for certain questions in my Bible so that I am ready. We memorize phone numbers, addresses, birthdays but not the most important thing - God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment