Thursday, November 11, 2010

Psalm 19:14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.

I was thinking about this verse today and so often I pray and ask the Lord to help me with the words that I say. Especially when I am upset about something. But today it hit me that I really never go farther with this verse to the meditation of my heart. Many times we think things in our hearts long before they reach our lips. Many times we sit and stew on problems without giving them over to the Lord. I realized that stewing about it, planning out what I am going to say the next time I see them (come on I am not the only one that tells someone what I think of them to the mirror or in the shower), or how I am going to act so much better than they are is not what God wants me to do. He wants me to give it over to Him and pray for those people. The Bible says that out of the heart the mouth speaketh. I can't hope to have joyful praise come from my lips when my heart is full of anger, pride, and deceit.

You may ask what does this have to do with joy. I am coming to realize that these quiet sins that no one really ever sees are a large part of my attitude. I have to keep digging them out and tossing them just like the weeds in my garden. If I allow them to grow they will take over and I will go right back to being the miserable person I was a week ago. Yes there has been a change in a weeks time. Just a little at a time. I am nowhere near what I should be but praise God I am not what I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment