Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Psalm 13:5,6

But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

As I read this Psalm I realized that we all go through times of doubt. David starts out by asking God "How long will you forget me?' How many times have we been down or upset and have forgotten the blessings of the Lord? How many times have we cried out "How long do I have to go through this?" I know there have been times in my life where I have prayed and felt that all hope was gone but as I knelt there God slowly and quietly reminded me of all the blessings. He reminded me He was still in control taking care of me. I have a song from the Blunkalls going through my mind right now "He can speak peace to your soul." So many times He has spoke peace to me. Like He did with the sea "Peace be still."

I do have a caveat here though - if your relationship is not right with the Lord or if you are regarding iniquity in your heart you will not feel the peace. This last year I have had a major storm blowing around in my heart but I wouldn't give in and the storm remained. I kept my pride, anger, and discontentment. I kept my unthankfulness, and selfishness. It wasn't until I started dealing with these sins and repenting of them that I started feeling the peace He bestows. Ps 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. I think the key here is repenting. The Webster dictionary defines repent as to turn from sin, to change ones mind. You can ask for all the forgiveness you want but if you don't make an effort to change or to turn away from your sin you are just saying words. You may be like me and have said "Oh but I have tried and tried again." Whenever I say that the Lord always says right back "Really? How hard have you tried? Honestly?"

The Lord has been so good to us, He has dealt bountifully with us. If He only gave us salvation that would be so much more than we deserve. He gave His only begotten Son so that we could live eternally with Him in Heaven. Don't you think it's time we praised Him for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment